Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Asko Kara FC’s Liberian born to secure contract with Steve Biko

Andre Randall Mouses, Asko Kara FC player
The full left centre back of Nigeria’s top and famous first division league side Asko Kara FC, Andre Randall Mouses, is hopeful of securing a contract and playing career with Gambian Premier League side Steve Biko later this year.
Andre, 22, and 1.70m light, is a Liberian born national currently playing for Asko Kara FC of Nigeria where he has been playing regularly in the first starting line-up for the club throughout the seasons since joining the team in the two different categories over the years.

He joined the club side first in the junior category from 2004 to 2007 before graduating to the senior side the following year, and won himself a first choice player in the left centre back.
Apart from his regular position in the field, Andre also plays midfield and attacking front and he could also wear the shoes of a central defender.
According to his flight schedule, Andre is expected to jet in The Gambia on 27 March from Nigeria to meet with Steve Biko’s officials for a positive deal.
The 22-year-old started playing his football career in his native country Liberia since his childhood before moving to Nigeria to join Asko Kara FC’s junior side in 2004.

While in Nigeria, he moved to Togo under the contract of his Nigerian side to continue his trade.
He gathered different experiences in different countries for one year and returned to Nigeria in 2010.

When Gambia Sports News Online contacted Andre to give his side of his transfer mission, he replied: “I would like to confirm to you that I want to play my football career in The Gambia, especially before the end of this year.
 
“I have played football in my own country Liberia in the early days of my childhood before moving to Nigeria, and while I am in Nigeria, over the years, I was lucky to go to Togo, still under the contract of my team, to have more experience in my football career.
“The fact of the matter is that I definitely want to play in a country that I will have the chance to naturalize my nationality and play for that particular country.
 “As for now I am qualified to play for any nation where I find myself because I have never sat on the bench, neither have I played for any national side in all the three countries I have plied my football career, including my home country Liberia.

“For me, right now, my aim is to play football in a place where I can go further to achieve my dreams in the profession, and I am ready to undergo different situations to get what I want. “I am only looking for better opportunities in life to become what I want to be.”
 Asked by this reporter how did he know about Gambian football and what made him to want to play in The Gambia, Andre said: “I know about Gambian football through my regular visit to The Gambia’s famous sports blog (Gambia Sports News Online) where I read many interesting football articles, especially in the first divisional games, even though I don’t know about those teams.

“Teams in The Gambia have a future and, to be honest, I want to have such opportunities in my lifetime as a footballer; that is why I have chosen to come and play in The Gambia.”

For his part, Steve Biko’s head coach Abdoulie Bojang expressed interest in the arrival of Andre on the proposed date.
Andre worming up for  Asko Kara FC game
According to him, the entire team will welcome the player and open their arms for him to settle down like any other player in the team.

Steve Biko’s Manager Abdoulie Bojang said further: “The arrival of Andre will help the team, especially in the second round, as the first round is about to conclude.

“Currently we don’t have a permanent full left centre back, our only hopeful Saikou Jawara (Okocha) is on a trial in Europe; so we need his replacement in the quickest possible terms. Over the years I have coached both Liberians and Nigerians in my team Steve Biko.
“Andre’s arrival will not be a different thing for me to manage; rather it will be a continuous thing for me. One thing I know is that we may not be paying as expected of him, but with Steve Biko we have channels for our players to brighten their future,” the Biko manager highlighted.



No comments:

Post a Comment